It's the big 25 for Columbia City's Beatwalk!
Come celebrate Sunday, June 9th
BeatWalk 2019 continues our cherished tradition of offering free music in Columbia City and expanding the legacy of bringing an extraordinarily talented and diverse range of musicians together to celebrate our community through the unifying power of music.The June theme is American Roots.
Here is a list of the BeatWalk venues and artists:
- Backyard: Overall Express 6pm
- Lotties: Yada Yada Blues Band 8pm
- CC Ale House: Jazz Hands 6:30pm
- Tutta Bella: Darrius Wilrich 6pm
- Royal Room: Boka Kouyate and Djeliyah Band 7pm
- Royal Esquire Club: Reggie Garrett and The Snake Oil Peddlers 7pm
- Hummingbird: The Dan Rapport Trio 7:30pm
- Rumba Notes: Kevin Gardner and The Soul 8pm
There will also be music at NEST (in the Columbia City Live Aboves Courtyard) and the Columbia City Gallery. There will be street buskers starting at 5:30: a folk band between Andaluz and Vino Verite, a blue grass band in front of the flower shop, and a jazz keyboardist between Royal Room and the Royal Esquire Club. Full Tilt will have a caricature artist from 6-7:30pm.
Since this is the Silver 25th Anniversary, we will have a ribbon cutting by John Keister and spoken words by the Beatwalk originator, Darryl Smith, followed by a band called the Peculiar Pretzelmen to set off Beatwalk! Next will be the street party on Ferdinand.